- Table View
- List View
With its process-oriented rhetoric, provocative thematic reader, up-to-date research manual, and comprehensive handbook, The Bedford Guide for College Writers gives students the tools they need to succeed as writers and prepares them to be the confident, resourceful, and independent writers they will need to be.
One of the most widely adopted composition readers of all time, "The Bedford Reader "continues to engage and inspire students with remarkable selections, outstanding instructional material, and a unique "Writers on Writing" feature in which 50 of the book's writers comment on their process and their work. Thorough coverage of critical reading, effective writing, and working with sources guides students, now more than ever, through their own academic writing. And an exciting visual dimension shows that rhetorical methods apply to both images and text. " The Bedford Reader "is a favorite of students for the Kennedys' clarity and wit, of instructors for the flexible and realistic view of the rhetorical methods, and of both for the superior selections and perceptive commentaries by writers worth reading.
This is a book of short poems about mischievous children getting into all sorts of trouble, many times with animals or other aspects of nature.
A compact version of one of the most widely adopted composition readers of all time "The Brief Bedford Reader" continues to engage and inspire with 50 remarkable selections, all the outstanding instructional material of the full-length text, and a unique "Writers on Writing" feature in which 32 of the book's writers comment on their process and their work. Thorough coverage of critical reading, effective writing, and working with sources guides students, now more than ever, through their own academic writing. And an exciting visual dimension shows that rhetorical methods apply to both images and text. "The Brief Bedford Reader" is a favorite of students for the Kennedys' clarity and wit, of instructors for the flexible and realistic view of the rhetorical methods, and of both for the superior selections and perceptive commentaries by writers worth reading.
The classic anthology of poetry for children--now revised with new poems to enchant a new generation. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
"Literature, 9/e," the most popular introduction of its kind, is organized into three genresFiction, Poetry, and Drama. As in past editions, the authors' collective poetic voice brings personal warmth and a human perspective to the discussion of literature, adding to students' interest in the readings. An introduction to a balance of contemporary and classic stories, poems, and plays. Casebooks offer in-depth look at an author or clusters of works, for example " Latin American Poetry. " Authors Joe Kennedy and Dana Gioia provide inviting and illuminating introductions to the authors included and to the elements of literature. Coverage of writing about literature is also included. For those interested in literature.
Literature, in the widest sense, is just about anything written. It is even what you receive in the mail if you send for free information about a weight-reducing plan or a motorcycle. In the sense that matters to us in this book, literature is a kind of art, usually written, which offers pleasure and illumination. We say it is usually written, for we have an oral literature, too. Few would deny the name of literature to "Bonny Barbara Allan" and other immortal folk ballads, though they were not set down in writing until centuries after they were originated.
This Interactive Edition of Literature, Eleventh Edition is really four interlocking volumes sharing one cover. Each of the first three sections is devoted to one of the major literary forms--fiction, poetry, and drama. The fourth section is a comprehensive introduction to critical writing.
Literature: An Introduction to Fiction, Poetry, Drama, and Writing (Fifth edition, Texas AP edition)by X. J. Kennedy Dana Gioia
The compact version of the most popular Literature anthology brings students the finest literature in a newly revised, easier-to-study format. Literature is written in an engaging style and the Writing section has been thoroughly updated.
Here is a lively celebration of more than a hundred poems that are by turns playful, funny, mischievous, and thoughtful. Compiled especially for the youngest child, this splendid collection includes familiar poems by Robert Louis Stevenson, Edward Lear, Christina Rossetti, and others, as well as poems by new voices such as Nikki Giovanni and Jack Prelutsky. All of the events of a child's life--be they great or small--are found in: PLAY; FAMILIES; JUST FOR FUN; BIRDS, BUGS, AND BEASTS; RHYMES AND SONGS; MAGIC AND WONDER; WIND AND WEATHER; CALENDARS AND CLOCKS; DAY AND NIGHT. Listen and hear Talking Like the Rain.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.