- Table View
- List View
Vital Signs for Cancer Prevention suggests that cancer is a two-phase process. In Phase One you do not yet have, and may never have, cancer, but predisposing factors--poor diet and digestion, toxins, adrenal exhaustion, and blood sugar imbalances, among others--can progressively and cumulatively increase your likelihood of developing it. Phase Two begins when the first permanent, transformed or cancerous cells form and are not destroyed by your defenses. Understanding that the predisposing factors of the first phase lead toward the second can help you prevent the onset of cancer by correcting or minimizing those that apply to you. Author Xandria Williams takes a natural therapies approach to healing cancer--one based on an understanding of nutrition, herbal medicine, homoeopathy, osteopathy, and energy medicine--rather than one based strictly on medicine, drugs, and surgery. She sees cancer as a problem that affects the whole body, not just the organ or system that is faulty, and thus her recommendations are systemic rather than aimed specifically at the tumor. Her main emphasis is on a series of scientifically validated tests (many of which can be self-administered) she proposes that provide vital information as to the state of your health. She also describes the CA profile, a test that can indicate the presence of permanent cancer cells within the first six weeks and possibly years before a tumor can be detected, allowing a crucial warning and the time to start an effective recovery program. Williams suggests a number of supplements, specific foods, and other remedies (detox procedures, stress reduction) to correct any of the predisposing factors that could, with a final trigger, move you from Phase One to Phase Two of the cancer process. You will learn how to avoid cancer if you have not yet developed it, avoid recurrences if you are in remission, and overcome cancer if you have been diagnosed with it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.