- Table View
- List View
For the Art of the Slow Cooker, best-selling author Andrew Schloss has developed 80 recipes for soups, stews, succulent braises, vegetarian disheseven dessertsthat bring slow-cooked meals to new heights. Slow cooking gives a wonderful velvety texture to meatloaf, an incredible richness to Osso Buco Milanese, and bold and complex flavors to Curried Vegetables and Dal simmered in Indian spices. Each chapter offers recipes for both simple everyday meals and spectacular dishes perfect for entertaining. With cooking charts to help with timing, advice on finding the right slow cooker for every kitchen, and glorious color photographs throughout, the Art of the Slow Cooker will delight readers looking for easy and amazing meals.
With a look as fresh as the recipes themselves, New Vegetarian is full of modern, flavorful food for the 30 million Americans (more every day!) who are vegetarians. More than 75 delicious and simple dishes span a wide range ofcuisines and cultures--from Vietnamese Pho with Tofu to Baked Creamy Squash Pasta with Arugula. Best of all, the dessert chapter includes goodies so luscious even the most die-hard dairy fans won't suspect these sweet treats are vegan!
From the author of Seriously Simple comes another collection of enticing recipes and useful tips that will help make throwing a party just as much fun as attending one. Using straightforward ingredients, minimized prep time, and streamlined cooking techniques, hosts can serve festive meals with ease. Sample menus--organized seasonally for a variety of groups and occasions--and mix-and-match recipes for every course allow cooks of every skill level to make merry year-round. With great advice on everything from stocking a party pantry to setting an elegant table, plus vivid photos that will entice party planners into the kitchen, this book gives everyone a reason to celebrate.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.