- Table View
- List View
The successful previous volume on this topic provided a detailed benchwork manual for the most commonly used animal models of acute neurological injuries including cerebral ischemia, hemorrhage, vasospasm, and traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. Animal Models of Acute Neurological Injuries II: Injury and Mechanistic Assessments aims to collect chapters on assessing these disorders from cells and molecules to behavior and imaging. These comprehensive assessments are the key for understanding disease mechanisms as well as developing novel therapeutic strategies to ameliorate or even prevent damages to the nervous system. Volume 2 examines global cerebral ischemia, focal cerebral ischemia, and neonatal hypoxia-ischemia, as well as intensive sections covering traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. Designed to provide both expert guidance and step-by-step procedures, chapters serve to increase understanding in what, why, when, where, and how a particular assessment is used. Accessible and essential, Animal Models of Acute Neurological Injuries II: Injury and Mechanistic Assessments will be useful for trainees or beginners in their assessments of acute neurological injuries, for experienced scientists from other research fields who are interested in either switching fields or exploring new opportunities, and for established scientists within the field who wish to employ new assessments.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.