Shortly after installing a new computer system designed to provide quick and accurate service, the president of Presto Cleaner received an angry letter from a customer whose laundry had been lost by the system. The case study looks at the questions: How much service does a company or store owe a customer? Is the customer always right? In 90304 and 90316, four authorities on customer service--Leonard A. Schlesinger, associate professor at the Harvard Business School; Dinah Nemeroff, corporate director of customer affairs at Citicorp/Citibank; Ron Zemke, president of Performance Research Associates; and Claus Moller, president of Time Management International--consider Presto Cleaner's customer complaint.
Knock your socks off service doesn't just happen. It requires coaching on an ongoing basis.<P><P> Now, thanks to authors Kristin Anderson and Ron Zemke, supervisors have a practical guide to the day-to-day challenges that arise in training superior customer service people. <P> This newest Knock Your Socks Off book explains how to help frontline employees hone their skills, maintain the motivation to perform, and meet new situations head-on. The authors present a model for successfully coaching anyone, anywhere, and they show readers how to apply it in familiar coaching situations. <P> Everyone can appreciate Zemke and Anderson's strategies for handling the toughest coaching problems. And they will learn a most important new skill-- teaching employees to be peer coaches, a growing need in the current era of teams and of doing more with less.
"The best-selling front-line customer service book ever published is now better than ever. More than a decade after the debut of Delivering Knock Your Socks Off Service, this newly revised edition introduces readers to the next generation of first-class service strategy. Applying the winning Knock Your Socks Off formula to the new demands of 21st-century business, the third edition features all-new chapters on Delivering Knock Your Socks Off E-Service, Creating Trust with Your Customer, and Service Recovery Expectations, plus new and updated stories, real-world examples, and new illustrations by cartoonist John Bush. And as always, Delivering Knock Your Socks Off Service reveals how to: * See things from the customer's point of view * Become a fantastic fixer and a powerful problem solver * Cope with ""customers from hell"" * And avoid The 10 Deadly Sins of Customer Service Today's customer is smarter, more demanding, and more mobile than ever. Once again, Delivering Knock Your Socks Off Service delivers the strategies, techniques, and tips that will keep those customers coming back. "
In our age-diverse workplace of conflicting work ethics, dissimilar values, and idiosyncratic styles, this groundbreaking book supplies fresh, insightful strategies for understanding -- and overcoming -- generational differences.
In our increasingly connected world, customer service can make or break a business. Companies that excel keep customers coming back--and those who don't soon discover that word spreads fast. The difference is in how managers train, coach, and support frontline employees. Extensively revised with today's empowered, web-savvy consumer in mind, Managing Knock Your Socks Off Service shows managers and supervisors how to: * Find and retain service-oriented people * Understand customer needs, expectations and desires * Build a service vision * Design a user-friendly service delivery process * Involve and inspire employees * Recognize and reward good performance. The third edition features new chapters on: learning from lost customers; inciting passion and incentivizing service; fostering trust; and delivering great customer experiences online. In short, everything readers need to ensure their frontline employees become their company's biggest asset.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.