- Table View
- List View
Segal (psychotherapy, U. of Toronto), J. Mark G. Williams (clinical psychology, U. of Wales-Bangor) and John D. Teasdale (Medical Research Council's Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge, England) describe an approach to treating depression that combines the Eastern meditative practices and perspectives of mindfulness meditation, with the Western psychological epistemologies and practices of cognitive therapy. They speak to clinicians and researchers. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
This bestselling work, now in a new edition, has introduced tens of thousands of clinicians to mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) for depression, an eight-week program with proven effectiveness. Step by step, the authors explain the "whys" and "how-tos" of conducting mindfulness practices and cognitive interventions that have been shown to bolster recovery from depression and prevent relapse. Clinicians are also guided to practice mindfulness themselves, an essential prerequisite to teaching others. More than 40 reproducible handouts are included. Book purchasers get access to a companion Web page featuring downloadable audio recordings of the guided mindfulness practices (meditations and mindful movement), plus all of the reproducibles, ready to download and print in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size. A separate Web page for use by clients features the audio recordings only. New to This Edition Incorporates a decade's worth of developments in MBCT clinical practice and training. Chapters on additional treatment components the pre-course interview and optional full-day retreat. Chapters on self-compassion, the inquiry process, and the three-minute breathing space. Findings from multiple studies of MBCT's effectiveness and underlying mechanisms. Includes studies of adaptations for treating psychological and physical health problems other than depression. Audio files of the guided mindfulness practices, narrated by Dr. Segal, on two separate Web pages one for professionals, together with the reproducibles, and one just for clients. See also the related title for clients Many MBCT therapists recommend the bestselling self-help guide The Mindful Way through Depression (by Drs. Williams, Teasdale, Segal, and Kabat-Zinn) to their clients.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.