- Table View
- List View
The wisdom of peace and the absurdity of fighting are demonstrated in seventeen stories and poems by outstanding authors of today such as Jean Fritz, Milton Meltzer, and Nancy Willard.
An infant's mother gives him many loving nicknames until he surprises her by saying "Mama."
The heroine of this book has a problem. And at first it does not look as though Mr. Rabbit is going to be much help in solving it. For everyone knows you cannot give your mother a red roof, a yellow taxi-cab, a green caterpillar, or a blue lake for her birthday. But then all the little girl had said was that her mother liked red, yellow, green, and blue--and so Mr. Rabbit was trying.
It is a day in the country, and everything is hot and still. Then the hazy sky begins to shift. Something is astir, something soundless.
Left Jacket: "William wants a doll--to hug, to feed, to tuck in, and kiss goodnight. `Don't be a creep,` says his brother. `Sissy, sissy,` chants the boy next door. His father buys him trains and a basketball--but not the doll that William really wants. Then one day, someone comes along who understands why William should have his doll. Written by beloved author Charlotte Zolotow, and illustrated by the Newbery Award-winning author and Caldecott Honor Award-winning illustrator William Pène du Bois, William's Doll is a groundbreaking classic that will warm the hearts of many generations to come."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.