Ann Weems offers in this collection a poignant rendering of her own personal psalms of lament. She draws from the rich heritage of the Psalms to give voice to the grief and anguish she has felt over the death of her son. Her words, now in this easy-to-read large-print edition, will deeply move anyone who has mourned the loss of a loved one. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
The coastal ocean comprises the semi-enclosed seas on the continental shelf, including estuaries and extending to the shelf break. This region is the focus of many serious concerns, including coastal inundation by tides, storm surges, or sea level change; fisheries and aquaculture management; water quality; harmful algal blooms; planning of facilities (e. g. , power stations); port development and maintenance; and oil spills. This book addresses modeling and simulation of the transport, evolution, and fate of particles (physical and biological) in the coastal ocean. It is the first to summarize the state of the art in this field and direct it toward diverse applications, for example in measuring and monitoring sediment motion, oil spills, and larval ecology. This is an invaluable textbook and reference work for advanced students and researchers in oceanography, geophysical fluid dynamics, marine and civil engineering, computational science, and environmental science.
This book provides a comprehensive guide to procuring, utilizing and monetizing intellectual property rights, tailored for readers in the high-tech consumer electronics and software industries, as well as technology startups Numerous, real examples, case studies and scenarios are incorporated throughout the book to illustrate the topics discussed Readers will learn what to consider throughout the various creative phases of a product's lifespan from initial research and development initiatives through post-production Readers will gain an understanding of the intellectual property protections afforded to U. S. corporations, methods to pro-actively reduce potential problems, and guidelines for future considerations to reduce legal spending, prevent IP theft, and allow for greater profitability from corporate innovation and inventiveness.
This book presents an up-to-date and comprehensive review of female contraception. It offers an extensive overview of contraception types, including oral, injectable, emergency, and various cervical barrier contraceptives, as well as behavioral and sterilization methods, and discusses the clinical effectiveness, advantages, disadvantages, side effects, and mechanisms of action of each method. Thoroughly revised and updated, the second edition includes coverage of chewable contraceptives, new progestins, new quadraphasic OCP regimen, Nexplanon, which is replacing the Implanon contraceptive implant, and new methods of tubal sterilization. There is also a new chapter devoted to current controversies. Each chapter also includes counseling tips that answer common questions many clinicians and patients have about contraception. The advances in contraception technologies are interplayed with practical advice on choosing the most effective and appropriate contraception for patients, from those who are young and healthy to those with serious medical diseases. The Handbook of Contraception, Second Edition, is an incomparable reference for obstetricians, gynecologists, and primary care physicians.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.