- Table View
- List View
The influential policy thinker who coined the term osoft powerOCO examines the changing nature of power since the Cold War, the new ways in which it is exercised, and how those changes impact AmericaOCOs role in the world
Global Journalism Practice and New Media Performance provides an overview of new and traditional media in their political, economic and cultural contexts while exploring the role of journalism practice and media education. The authors examine media systems in 16 countries, including China, Russia and the United States.
This fully updated and revised edition of William Andrefsky Jr's ground-breaking manual on lithic analysis is designed for students and professional archaeologists. It explains the fundamental principles of the measurement, recording and analysis of stone tools and stone tool production debris. Introducing the reader to lithic raw materials, classification, terminology and key concepts, the volume comprehensively explores methods and techniques, presenting detailed case studies of lithic analysis from around the world. It also examines new emerging techniques and includes a new section on stone tool functional studies.
This book is an exposition of the algebra and calculus of differentialforms, of the Clifford and Spin-Clifford bundle formalisms, and of vistas to aformulation of important concepts of differential geometry indispensable for anin-depth understanding of space-time physics. The formalism discloses the hidden geometrical nature of spinor fields. Maxwell, Dirac and Einstein fields are shown to have representatives by objectsof the same mathematical nature, namely sections of an appropriate Cliffordbundle. This approach reveals unity in diversity and suggests relationshipsthat are hidden in the standard formalisms and opens new paths for research. This thoroughly revised second edition also adds three new chapters: on the Cliffordbundle approach to the Riemannian or semi-Riemannian differential geometry ofbranes; on Komar currents in the context of the General Relativity theory; andan analysis of the similarities and main differences between Dirac, Majoranaand ELKO spinor fields. The exercises with solutions, thecomprehensive list of mathematical symbols, and the list of acronyms andabbreviations are provided for self-study for students as well as for classes. From the reviews of the firstedition: "The text is written in a veryreadable manner and is complemented with plenty of worked-out exercises whichare in the style of extended examples. . . . their book could also serve as atextbook for graduate students in physics or mathematics. " (AlbertoMolgado, Mathematical Reviews, 2008 k)
Shakespearean Echoes assembles a global cast of established and emerging scholars to explore new connections between Shakespeare and contemporary culture, reflecting the complexities and conflicts of Shakespeare's current international afterlife. Shakespearean echoes appear in diverse genres and cultural forms, from pop music of the seventies through the writing of Toni Morrison, to the book and film of Let the Right One In. Chapters deal with digital Shakespeare, Shakespeare on the web, and the powerful echoes of Shakespeare to be found in such seemingly unrelated texts as the television program Lost, sports broadcasts, and Game of Thrones. Within those discussions certain Shakespearean texts (such as Othello or Romeo and Juliet) recur; likewise certain modes of popular culture (such as science fiction) reappear. The collection helps readers navigate the diversity of Shakespeare's legacy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.