Rural Renaissance: Renewing The Quest For The Good Life
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- In the '60s it was called the "back to the land" movement, and in Helen and Scott Nearings' day, it was "living the good life. " Whatever the term, North Americans have always yearned for a simpler way. But how do you accomplish that today?
- Long Synopsis:
- In the '60s it was called the "back to the land" movement, and in Helen and Scott Nearings' day, it was "living the good life. " Whatever the term, North Americans have always yearned for a simpler way. But how do you accomplish that today? Blending inspiration with practical how-to's, Rural Renaissance captures the American dream of country living for contemporary times. Journey with the authors and experience their lessons, laughter and love for the land as they trade the urban concrete maze for a five-acre organic farm and bed and breakfast in southwestern Wisconsin. Rural living today is a lot more than farming. It's about a creative, nature-based and more self-sufficient lifestyle that combines a love of squash, solar energy, skinny-dipping and serendipity . . . The many topics explored in Rural Renaissance include: "right livelihood" and the good life organic gardening and permaculture renewable energy and energy conservation wholesome organic food, safe water and a natural home simplicity, frugality and freedom green design and recycled materials community, friends and raising a family independence and interdependence wildlife conservation and land stewardship. An authentic tale of a couple whose pioneering spirit and connection to the land reaches out to both the local and global community to make their dream come true, Rural Renaissance will appeal to a wide range of Cultural Creatives, free agents, conservation entrepreneurs and both arm-chair and real-life homesteaders regardless of where they live. Lisa Kivirist and John Ivanko are innkeepers, organic growers, copartners in a marketing consulting company, and have previously published books. John is also a photographer. Former advertising agency fast-trackers, they are nationally recognized for their contemporary approach to homesteading, conservation and more sustainable living. They share their farm with their son, two llamas, and a flock of free-range chickens. Rural Renaissance also offers a foreword by Bill McKibben.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 268 Pages
- New Society Publishers, Limited
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- John D. Ivanko and Lisa Kivirist
- Adult content:
- English US
- Nonfiction, Biographies and Memoirs, Outdoors and Nature
- Submitted By:
- Digital Divide Data
- Proofread By:
- Digital Divide Data
Reviews of Rural Renaissance: Renewing The Quest For The Good Life (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet