How Angel Peterson Got His Name: And Other Outrageous Tales about Extreme Sports
- Brief Synopsis:
- When you grow up in a small town in the north woods, you have to make your own excitement. High spirits, idiocy, and showing off for the girls inspire Gary Paulsen and his friends to attempt some extreme sports.
- Long Synopsis:
Gary Paulsen's slapstick tales capture the "wonderful madness" of growing up in a small town in northern Minnesota, when high spirits, showing off for girls, and general idiocy led Gary and his pals to attempt some amazing stunts, including:
* Shooting a waterfall in a barrel
* Breaking the world speed record on skis
* Hang gliding with an army surplus target kite
* Inventing the skateboard
* Jumping a bike through a hoop of fire
* Wrestling with a bear.
Wacky, daring, just plain nuts -- extreme sports lead to extreme fun in these stories from Gary's boyhood.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Book Size:
- 130 Pages
- A Yearling Book
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Gary Paulsen
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction, Teens, Sports, Children's Books, Nonfiction
- Grade Levels:
- Seventh grade, Sixth grade, Fifth grade, Fourth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.