Magic Slays (Kate Daniels Series Book 5)
- Brief Synopsis:
- Kate Daniels has quit the Order of Merciful Aid, but starting her own business isn't easy when the Order starts disparaging her good name. And being the mate of the Beast Lord doesn't bring in the customers, either.
- Long Synopsis:
- Kate Daniels has quit the Order of Merciful Aid, but starting her own business isn't easy when the Order starts disparaging her good name. And being the mate of the Beast Lord doesn't bring in the customers, either. So when Atlanta's premier Master of the Dead asks for help with a vampire, Kate jumps at the chance. Unfortunately, this is one case where Kate should have looked before she leapt.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 310 Pages
- Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Gordon Andrews and Ilona Andrews
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction, Romance, Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Submitted By:
- Mayrie ReNae
- Proofread By:
- Mayrie ReNae
Reviews of Magic Slays (Kate Daniels Series Book 5) (1 review)
Magic Slays, (Book 5 in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews), was an enjoyable read but an over all disappointment when compared to this author’s other works. The interactions between Kate and the other main characters such as Julie, Andrea, and Curran were interesting and amusing. The romance was present but not overdone, new, distinctive characters were introduced, and the setting possessed its usual flare. The book fell short, however, in its plot. The subplot concerning what Kate learned about her background was not only unexpected, but unwelcome and out of place. The main plot of the story was more predictable and stereotypical than readers of Ilona Andrews have come to expect. While the plot is uninspired, Kate’s personal interactions and the setting still make this a good read.