You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- In a futuristic world, teenaged Nailer scavenges copper wiring from grounded oil tankers for a living, but when he finds a beached clipper ship with a girl in the wreckage, he has to decide if he should strip the ship for its wealth or rescue the girl.
- Long Synopsis:
- In America's Gulf Coast region, where grounded oil tankers are being broken down for parts, Nailer, a teenage boy, works the light crew, scavenging for copper wiring just to make quota--and hopefully live to see another day. But when, by luck or chance, he discovers an exquisite clipper ship beached during a recent hurricane, Nailer faces the most important decision of his life: Strip the ship for all it's worth or rescue its lone survivor, a beautiful and wealthy girl who could lead him to a better life. . . .In this powerful novel, award-winning author Paolo Bacigalupi delivers a thrilling, fast-paced adventure set in a vivid and raw, uncertain future.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Paolo Bacigalupi
- Adult content:
- English US
- Teens, Literature and Fiction, Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Grade Levels:
- Seventh grade, Eighth grade, Ninth grade, Tenth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Ship Breaker (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet