The Search for WondLa (Search of Wondla #1)
- Brief Synopsis:
- Living in isolation with a robot on what appears to be an alien world populated with bizarre life forms, a twelve-year-old human girl called Eva Nine sets out on a journey to find others like her.
- Long Synopsis:
- When a marauder destroys the underground sanctuary that Eva Nine was raised in by the robot Muthr, the twelve-year-old girl is forced to flee aboveground. She is searching for anyone else like her, for she knows that other humans exist because of an item she treasures--a scrap of cardboard on which is depicted a young girl, an adult, and a robot, with the strange word, "WondLa." In these alien surroundings, Eva Nine befriends Rovender Kitt, a curmudgeonly wanderer, with whom she travels in search of other humans. But Besteel, who invaded Eva Nine's sanctuary, is following them and wants to capture Eva Nine. With its classic prose and breathtaking illustrations, The Search for WondLa begins a trilogy that is sure to inspire dreams. As a bonus, the maps in this book are revealed in three-dimensions, with audio, through Augmented Reality. In his vision of a future forged by centuries of tradition, Caldecott Honor Winner Tony DiTerlizzi, co-creator of the New York Times-bestselling Spiderwick series, honors traditional children's literature in this space-age adventure: one that is as complex as an alien planet, but as simple as a child's wish for a place to belong.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Tony Diterlizzi
- Adult content:
- Children's Books, Teens, Literature and Fiction, Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Grade Levels:
- Fifth grade, Sixth grade, Seventh grade, Eighth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of The Search for WondLa (Search of Wondla #1) (1 review)
Reviewer: Sara Duquette
I love this book! It is my favorite book in the world. I have read it three times already. It is so interesting and adventurous.