Letters to a Bullied Girl
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- Olivia Gardner, a northern California teenager, was severely taunted and cyber-bullied by her classmates for more than two years.
- Long Synopsis:
- Olivia Gardner, a northern California teenager, was severely taunted and cyber-bullied by her classmates for more than two years. News of her bullying spread, eventually reaching two teenage girls from a neighboring town, sisters Emily and Sarah Buder. The girls were so moved by Olivia's story that they initiated a letter-writing campaign to help lift her spirits. It was a tender gesture of solidarity that set off an overwhelming chain reaction of support, encouragement, and love. In Letters to a Bullied Girl, Olivia and the Buder sisters share an inspiring selection of messages that arrived from across America--the personal, often painful remembrances of former targets, remorseful bullies, and sympathetic bystanders. Letters to a Bullied Girl examines our national bullying epidemic from a variety of angles and perspectives, and includes practical guidance from bullying expert Barbara Coloroso, author of The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander. Though addressed to Olivia, the letters speak to all young people who have been bullied, offer advice and hope to those who suffer, and provide a wake-up call to all who have ever been involved in bullying.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Olivia Gardner, Sarah Buder, Emily Buder
- Adult content:
- English US
- Nonfiction, Teens, Self-Help, Parenting and Family
- Grade Levels:
- Ninth grade, Tenth grade, Eleventh grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Letters to a Bullied Girl (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet