The American Journey (Illinois)
- Brief Synopsis:
- New Page 1 THE AMERICAN JOURNEY THE COMPLETE STORY OF AMERICAN HISTORY IN ONE COMPREHENSIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM The American Journey is a superb, readable presentation of American history,from pre-exploration to the present.
- Long Synopsis:
- New Page 1 THE AMERICAN JOURNEY THE COMPLETE STORY OF AMERICAN HISTORY IN ONE COMPREHENSIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM The American Journey is a superb, readable presentation of American history,from pre-exploration to the present. Its unparalleled author team, including theNational Geographic Society, ensures accuracy in every detail of the narrative,maps, and charts. Features Accessible Reading and Reading Strategies Are a Priority * Exclusive! Foldables--student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers--area unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used asassessment or study tools. * A Guide to Reading, Reading Checks, and a Summary in every chapter keepstudents on track as they learn to read for information and process what they'veread. * The extensive use of graphics, maps, and photography creates a visual/verbalapproach that appeals to all your students. Relevance is Part of Every Lesson * TIME Notebooks allow students to step into the past, learning abouteveryday life in various periods and the "hot topics" of different eras. * What Life Was Like and Hands-On History fully engage students in learningand give them an understanding of parallels between earlier generations andtheir own. National Geographic Brings its Unequalled Expertise to Every Page * Brand-new, colorful, easy-to-read maps help students understand the whereand why of history. * Geography and History features show students how geography and eventsintertwine to create the history of a location or nation. Continual Practice in Social Studies Skills * The program emphasizes skill development--from reading maps to analyzingprimary and secondary sources to exploring the connections between history andgeography, economics, government, citizenship, and current events. Abundant Opportunities for Students to Demonstrate Proficiency * The Princeton Review Standardized Test Practice provides systematic,ongoing test preparation. As your students learn, they are simultaneouslypreparing to demonstrate their knowledge of American history in standardizedtest formats.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Nonfiction, Teens, History, Children's Books, Textbooks
- Grade Levels:
- Third grade, Fourth grade, Fifth grade, Sixth grade, Seventh grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- This book is currently only available to public K-12 schools and organizations in the United States for use with students with an IEP, because it was created from files supplied by the NIMAC under these restrictions. Learn more in the NIMAC Help Center.
Reviews of The American Journey (Illinois) (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet