Bud Barkin, Private Eye (Tales from the House of Bunnicula #5)
- Brief Synopsis:
- Howie the wirehaired dachshund tries his paw at writing a new kind of novel, a mystery in which he imagines himself as a private investigator and Delilah as the "mysterious dame."
- Long Synopsis:
The guy who usually writes these letters asked me to do it instead. Maybe he was having a bad writing day. Maybe he wanted me to play the sap for him. Or maybe he ran into Trouble with a capital T.
Well, Trouble's in my business. I'm a dog. I'm a detective. The name's Bud Barkin. And this book is about the case I had involving a dame named Delilah Gorbish, whom I would call Trouble with a capital T except I've used that metaphor already, and the clown named Crusty Carmady whose calling card is a teakettle that he heaves through windows. Nice pair of birds. The mystery deepens with another character called the Big Fish, who isn't really a fish and who's addicted to the Home Shopping Network.
Hey, I don't write 'em--I just solve 'em.
Yours truly, Bud Barkin, P.E.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Book Size:
- 112 Pages
- ATHENEUM BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Brett Helquist, James Howe
- Adult content:
- Humor, Horror, Animals, Children's Books, Literature and Fiction, Mystery and Thrillers
- Grade Levels:
- Second grade, Third grade, Fourth grade, Fifth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff