- Table View
- List View
The Newbery Medal is awarded annually to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children. Bookshare is pleased to offer the Medal winner for each year as well as including in this special collection those Honor books that are in the general collection.
|1934||Honors Book||Big Tree of Bunlahy: Stories of My Own Countryside||Colum, Padraic||Pending Title [?]|
|1934||Honors Book||Glory of the Seas||Hewes, Agnes||Pending Title [?]|
|1934||Honors Book||Apprentice of Florence||Kyle, Ann||Pending Title [?]|
|1933||Medal Winner||Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze||Lewis, Elizabeth Foreman|
|1933||Honors Book||Swift Rivers||Meigs, Cornelia|
|1933||Honors Book||The Railroad To Freedom: A Story of the Civil War||Swift, Hildegarde||Pending Title [?]|
|1933||Honors Book||Children of the Soil: A Story of Scandinavia||Burglon, Nora||Pending Title [?]|
|1932||Medal Winner||Waterless Mountain||Armer, Laura Adams|
|1932||Honors Book||The Fairy Circus||Lathrop, Dorothy P.||Pending Title [?]|
|1932||Honors Book||Boy of the South Seas||Tietjens, Eunice||Pending Title [?]|
|1932||Honors Book||Out of the Flame||Lownsbery, Eloise||Pending Title [?]|
|1932||Honors Book||Jane's Island||Allee, Marjorie||Pending Title [?]|
|1932||Honors Book||Truce of the Wolf and Other Tales of Old Italy||Davis, Mary||Pending Title [?]|
|1932||Honors Book||Calico Bush||Field, Rachel|
|1931||Medal Winner||The Cat Who Went to Heaven||Coatsworth, Elizabeth and Vitale, Raoul|
|1931||Honors Book||Floating Island||Parrish, Anne||Pending Title [?]|
|1931||Honors Book||The Dark Star of Itza: The Story of A Pagan Princess||Malkus, Alida||Pending Title [?]|
|1931||Honors Book||Queer Person||Hubbard, Ralph||Pending Title [?]|
|1931||Honors Book||Mountains are Free||Adams, Julie Davis||Pending Title [?]|
|1931||Honors Book||Spice and the Devil's Cave||Hewes, Agnes||Pending Title [?]|
|1931||Honors Book||Meggy MacIntosh: A Highland Girl in the Carolina Colony||Gray, Elizabeth Janet|
|1931||Honors Book||Garram the Hunter: A Boy of the Hill Tribes||Best, Herbert||Pending Title [?]|
|1931||Honors Book||Ood-Le-Uk the Wanderer||Lide, Alice and Johansen, Margaret||Pending Title [?]|
|1930||Medal Winner||Hitty: Her First Hundred Years||Field, Rachel|
|1930||Honors Book||A Daughter of the Seine: The Life of Madame Roland||Eaton, Jeanette||Pending Title [?]|
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.