- Table View
- List View
When Jamie saw him throw the baby, saw Van throw the little baby, saw Van throw his little sister Nin, then they moved out. They move into a little trailer and things are fine...as long as no one gets too close. A Newbery Honor Book.
Historical fiction of the civil rights movement in the South during the 60s. Winner of numerous awards.
Yolonda's mother decides to move to a smaller, safer town than Chicago. Coping with the move isn't easy for Yolonda, because she hates her new town, but it's worse for her little brother.
Story of the great fire of 1871, one of the most colossal disasters in American history.
After her mother leaves home suddenly, 13-year-old Sal and her grandparents take a car trip retracing her mother's route. Winner of the 1995 Newbery Medal.
A novel, in diary form, of a young woman living in medieval England in 1290.
The future world of Zimbabwe depends on Africa's most unusual detectives: the Ear, the Eye, and the Arm, to find the General's three missing children.
Twelve-year-old Jonas lives in a seemingly ideal world. Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver does he begin to understand the dark secrets behind this fragile community.
Leslie Jane Conly's Newbery Honor winner is a heart-warming tale of how one boy's view of the world is changed.
When he accidentally kills a Manchu, a Chinese boy is sent to America to join his father working to build a tunnel for a railroad through the Sierra Nevada mountains.
Biography of Eleanor Roosevelt for children and teens.
This story is about Summer after her foster mother's sudden death, but also her sorrow witnessing the grief of Ob, her foster father.
Jimmy is 14, living in Harlem, and holding his own in a pretty tough world. But things get tougher when his father Crab shows up, after being gone 9 years.
The Dark-Thirty is a collection of original stories rooted in African-American history and the oral storytelling tradition.
Recipient of a 1993 Newbery Honor, this novel is an achingly beautiful, powerfully rendered journey through childhood that is not to be missed, now available in a new edition with a striking new cover.
Marty will do anything to save his new friend Shiloh. When Marty Preston comes across a young beagle in the hills behind his home, it's love at first sight -- and also big trouble.
Philip was just humming along with the tape of the Star Spangled Banner, played each day in his homeroom. How could this minor incident turn into a major national scandal?
The first powered, sustained, and controlled airplane flight, and the men behind it.
They say Maniac Magee was born in a dump. They say his stomach was a cereal box and his heart a sofa spring. A Newbery Honor Book.
Not every thirteen-year-old girl is accused of murder, brought to trial and found guilty ...
This Newbery Medal Book describes how a ten-year-old Danish girl's bravery is tested when her best friend is threatened by Nazis in 1943.
Something strange and wonderful has appeared in Sara-Kate's junky and overgrown yard - a tiny delicate village built of sticks and leaves. A Newbery Honor book.
"This first novel is, on several counts, one of the most exciting YA books to appear recently.
A young boy growing up on a Minnesota farm recounts his old Norwegian uncle's tales of an almost mythological logging past, and describes the scenes around him.
A collection of poems describing the characteristics and activities of a variety of insects. Newbery Award winner.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.