- Table View
- List View
At first, Travis couldn't stand the sight of Old Yeller. The stray dog was ugly, and a thieving rascal, too.
There are a great many horses in the high country of the West, and some of them are lucky enough to have a boy to look after them and love them. But there aren't nearly enough boys to go around. That is why Magic, the golden mare, was most particularly lucky to have a boy like Robin Daveen. It was the greatest kind of luck for both of them, as a matter of fact, that they had each other, because Magic was not an ordinary horse and Robin was not an ordinary boy.
If Ribsy can behave himself for 2 months, Henry can go on a fishing trip with Mr. Huggins. Henry thinks this will be easy, but he didn't bargain on Ribsy's unstoppable nose for trouble!
Miss Pickerell goes to visit her pet cow one morning and finds a rocketship in the pasture! It's a mission to Mars, and a curious Miss Pickerell finds herself accidentally locked inside!
Movie men have come to Chincoteague to film the annual Pony Penning, and Paul and Maureen are thrilled--until they learn that the producers want to buy their beloved Misty. Reluctantly, they agree to sell in order to send their uncle to college.
He was named "Sham" for the sun, this golden-red stallion born in the Sultan of Morocco's stone stables. Upon his heel was a small white spot, the symbol of speed. But on his chest was the symbol of misfortune.
A young man dreams of what he could catch if he just waited long enough in McElligot's pool
In this, the second book in the series, the heart-stopping adventures of the Black Stallion continue as Alec discovers that two men are after the Black. One claims to be the Black's rightful owner and one is trying to kill the beautiful steed.
Six episodes in the life of Homer Price including one in which he and his pet skunk capture four bandits and another about a donut machine on the rampage.
The moving story of the bond between a man and a wild dog.
A daring adventure based on a true story about a group of Norwegian children who smuggled nine million dollars in gold past Nazi sentries during World War II.
First published in 1941, Walter Farley's best-selling novel for young readers is the triumphant tale of a boy and a wild horse.
Lassie, the prize dog of a humble household, is sold to a wealthy family when hard times befall her original owners. Taken hundreds of miles away, she does what many collies have done before her, she starts for home so that she can be faithful to a duty--that of meeting a boy by a schoolhouse gate.
The fifth book in Laura Ingalls Wilder's treasured Little House series, and the recipient of a Newbery Honor-now available as an ebook!
Mr. Popper has penguins in his fridge, an ice rink in the basement, and a family for whom life will never be the same How many penguins in the house is too many?
Story of the famous American legend, Paul Bunyan and his blue ox.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.