- Table View
- List View
This hilarious novel from award-winning author Wendy Mass is now available in paperback! It's Amanda's 11th birthday and she is super excited---after all, 11 is so different from 10. But from the start, everything goes wrong.
Squirrel is not like most dogs. At first she has companions, her mother and brother, but when they're separated, she must make her own way. It's a hard life, until she makes two friends who change her life.
The Heroine: Tiffany Aching, incipient witch and cheese maker extraordinaire. Once saved world from Queen of the Elves. Is about to discover that battling evil monarchs is child's play compared to mortal combat with a Hiver (see below).
Wolfgang Amadeus Mouse was the youngest of thirteen children. He was also the smallest. His mother had given the other twelve mouse pups quite ordinary names, like Bill or Jane. But when she looked at her last-born and saw that he was only half as big as his brothers and sisters, she said to herself, "He should have an important-sounding name to make up for his lack of size."
"There is a tendency to romanticize Artemis. To attribute to him qualities that he does not possess. ..." Will he and Butler find what they are after?
Ten-year-old India Opal Buloni describes her first summer in the town of Naomi, Florida, and all the good things that happen to her because of her big ugly dog Winn-Dixie. Newbery Honor Book.
Blubber is a good name for her, the note from Wendy says about Linda. Jill crumples it up and leaves it on the corner of her desk. She doesn't want to think about Linda or her dumb report on the whale just now. Jill wants to think about Halloween.
Bud, an orphan from Flint Michigan tries to find who he thinks is his father during the Great Depression.
Harold and Chester, the family dog and cat, are suspicious that the new pet rabbit is a vampire bunny. They must warn the family who see the rabbit as a harmless and adorable creature.
The family heads west to the unsettled wilderness of the Dakota Territory.
Wen resourceful inventor Caractacus Pott saves the enormous green roadster from the scrap heap, it doesn't take long for his family to realize that they have a pretty amazing auto.
Suddenly able to see demons and the Shadow hunters who are dedicated to returning them to their own dimension, fifteen-year-old Clary Fray is drawn into this bizarre world when her mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a monster.
Fifteen-year-old Jason has fallen upon bad times--his mother has died and his father has succumbed to mental illness.
Ben and Jake battle alligators, quicksand, and a murderer when they search for buried treasure on an island in a swamp.
Can Danny program Miniac, a miniature automatic computer, to do his homework for him? His attempts seem to be going well until an old enemy, Snitcher, tries his hand at sabotage.
Danny Dunn, Professor Bullfinch's headstrong young sidekick, is at it again. Trapped in the Professor's submersible research vessel at the bottom of the sea, time is running out!
Greg records his experiences in a middle school where he and his best friend, Rowley, undersized weaklings amid boys who need to shave twice daily, hope just to survive, but when Rowley grows more popular Greg must take drastic measures to save their friendship.
This fantasy for teens and older has an amazing set of characters who, in spite of all the odds, manage to protect themselves.
The universal experience for most high school students is learning to drive and getting their driver's license. Add breathlessly plotted romance and an accident and you have a poignant and realistic novel.
This is No.6 in Encyclopedia Brown series. Help solve 10 mysterious cases with super sleuth Encyclopedia Brown!
Fifteen-year-old Eragon believes that he is merely a poor farm boy--until his destiny as a Dragon Rider is revealed.
Eva is involved in a car accident and dies. However, her father, a well-known scientist kills an ape and gives Eva an Ape's Body.
Seventeen-year-old Troy, depressed, suicidal, and weighing nearly 300 pounds, gets a new perspective on life when a homeless teenager who is a genius on guitar wants Troy to be the drummer in his rock band.
When he decides to turn his 5th-grade teacher's love of the dictionary around on her, clever Nick Allen invents a new word and begins a chain of events that moves beyond his control.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.