Only a few know the terrifying truth--an outcast Earth scientist, a rebellious alien inhabitant of a dying planet, a lunar-born human intuitionist who senses the imminent annihilation of the Sun. They know the truth--but who will listen?
Hari Seldon, brilliant psycho-historian and founder of the technologically superior Foundation, couldn't have predicted the birth of the extraordinary mutant: the Mule. The Foundation's future is no longer assured, and the Mule's military genius and telepathic abilities to turn the strongest-willed human into an obedient slave may spell the end of mankind. Book 2 of the Hugo winning Foundation Trilogy.
What Happens when bio-terrorism becomes a tool for corporate profits? And what happens when said bio-terrorism forces humanity to the cusp of post-human evolution?
Ben Reich maneuvers his way through murder in a world policed by telepaths.
An intersteller expedition from Earth discovers on a lithium rich planet an intelligent and peaceful reptilian race that raises political, ethical, and religious questions
Futuristic story of a society which burns books, and a man who tries to change things.
Intergalactic warfare threatens when a brutal alien race invades the planet Garth where human beings and sapient chimps are working to restore the dying planet.
David Brin's Uplift novels are among the most thrilling and extraordinary science fiction ever written. Sundiver, Startide Rising, and The Uplift War--a New York Times bestseller--together make up one of the most beloved sagas of all time.
There are seven billion-plus humans crowding the surface of 21st century Earth. It is an age of intelligent computers, mass-market psychedelic drugs, politics conducted by assassination, scientists who burn incense to appease volcanoes ...all the hysteria of a dangerously overcrowded world, portrayed in a dazzlingly inventive style.
Sequel to Brothers in Arms. Miles and Mark cross paths again.
Sequel to Shards of Honor, chronicling the events leading up to Miles Naismith Vorkosigan's birth.
Miles Naismith Vorkosigan was not a mutant, though he was often mistaken for one. His home, Barrayar, was a militant world shaped by a bitter history and political strife.
The revised, definitive edition of the Hugo and Nebula Award-winning classic.
Ender Wiggin is a very bright young boy with a powerful skill, one of a group of children bred to be military geniuses and save Earth from the alien race of the "buggers".
For sixty years Jewish refugees and their descendants have prospered in the Federal District of Sitka, a "temporary" safe haven created in the wake of the Holocaust and the shocking 1948 collapse of the fledgling state of Israel.
For fifty years, Dr. Ariane Emory has dominated politics on Cyteen Station because she controls Reseune. Then she is assassinated. Ariane Emory is dead. But not for long.
Story about a king who built gardens to reach the gods thousands of years ago, and jumping forward, how a space elevator is used these days to probe our solar system
The first images, from 10000 km away, brought a halt to all activities of mankind. On a billion TV screens, a tiny cylinder grew rapidly second by second. Everyone knew it wasn't a natural object. First book in Clarke's Rama series.
Nineteenth century historical fantasy wherein two magicians war against a backdrop of the Napoleonic war and Victorian Britain.
Bossy was right. Always. Invariably. She was limited only in that she had to have facts -- not assumptions -- with which to work. Given those facts, her conclusions and predictions were inevitably correct. And that made Bossy a 'ticking bomb.'
"The single most resonant and carefully imagined book of Dick's career." - New York TimesIt's America in 1962. Slavery is legal once again. The few Jews who still survive hide under assumed names.
First volume in the Riverworld series. All of humanity, everyone that ever lived has suddenly awakened on a world, a river world. You may not find your name in this book, but you're here.
Nobody Owens is a normal boy, except that he has been raised by ghosts and other denizens of the graveyard.
A man named Shadow is swept into a war between ancient and modern gods.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.