A large object (flying saucer? atomic fireball?) is heading toward earth. Its sheer impossibility is belied by the massive earthquakes and tidal surges though.
HE WAS THE KEEPER OF INTERGALACTIC WAY STATION 18327 ... and he had one goal: To prepare Earth to join the other races of the universe.
"The single most resonant and carefully imagined book of Dick's career." - New York TimesIt's America in 1962. Slavery is legal once again. The few Jews who still survive hide under assumed names.
The classic sci-fi story about a post apocalyptic world and its religion.
Juan Rico earns his stripes as a private, then moving up to officer in the Mobile Infantry. The M.I. is an interstellar infantry force trying desperately to prevent humankind from being destroyed by the 'bugs', intelligent spider-like beings who live in hive colonies.
An intersteller expedition from Earth discovers on a lithium rich planet an intelligent and peaceful reptilian race that raises political, ethical, and religious questions
In a room outside of space-time doctors, entertainers, and wounded soldiers find themselves trapped with an atomic bomb. See long synopsis.
When the most important statesman of the 21st century disappears on Mars, the only hope of preventing interplanetary war lies in a ham actor's ability to impersonate the missing leader well enough to fool two worlds.
Bossy was right. Always. Invariably. She was limited only in that she had to have facts -- not assumptions -- with which to work. Given those facts, her conclusions and predictions were inevitably correct. And that made Bossy a 'ticking bomb.'
Futuristic story of a society which burns books, and a man who tries to change things.
Ben Reich maneuvers his way through murder in a world policed by telepaths.
George Lerner was shipping out for Ganymede to join the fledgling colony and Bill wanted to go along, but his father would not hear of it.
Hari Seldon, brilliant psycho-historian and founder of the technologically superior Foundation, couldn't have predicted the birth of the extraordinary mutant: the Mule. The Foundation's future is no longer assured, and the Mule's military genius and telepathic abilities to turn the strongest-willed human into an obedient slave may spell the end of mankind. Book 2 of the Hugo winning Foundation Trilogy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.