- Table View
- List View
As one of the greatest rock icons of all time, Gregg Allman has lived it all and then some.
Before Madeleine Albright turned twelve, her life was shaken by the Nazi invasion of Czechoslovakia-the country where she was born-the Battle of Britain, the near total destruction of European Jewry, the Allied victory in World War II, the rise of
Boston P. I. Spenser lives on in the stunning new entry in the "New York Times" bestselling series from critically acclaimed, award-winning novelist Ace Atkins set in Boston's Dorchester and Southie projects.
The bestselling authors return with a blistering exposÉ of how America is being ripped off by friends and enemies alike-with the help of our own ruling elites. Our jobs go to China. Foreign aid goes to our enemies.
Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell returned from his star-crossed mission in Afghanistan with his bones shattered and his heart broken. So many had given their lives to save him-and he would have readily done the same for them.
Lucas Davenport has seen many terrible murder scenes but this has to be one of the worst. In the small Minnesota town of Deephaven, an entire family has been killed - husband, wife, two daughters, even the dogs, all butchered in the most horrific possible way.
Former marine Tom Cavanaugh has come home to Virgin River, ready to take over his family's apple orchard and settle down. He knows just what the perfect woman will be like: sweet, decent, maybe a little naive. The marrying kind.
Think you know the real Barack Obama? You don't--not until you've read The Amateur.
At Westish College, a small school on the shore of Lake Michigan, baseball star Henry Skrimshander seems destined for big league stardom. But when a routine throw goes disastrously off course, the fates of five people are upended.
A legendary CIA spy and counterterrorism expert tells the spellbinding story of his high-risk, action-packed career while illustrating the growing importance of America's intelligence officers and their secret missions.
He was called by many names--Columb, Colom, Colón--but we know him as Christopher Columbus. Many questions about him exist: Where was he born, raised, and educated? Where did he die? How did he discover the New World?
A new novel of a shared past, a fresh start, and a lifetime of love. Here is Nora Roberts' new book, #2 The Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy.
Book Four of Robert A. Caro's monumental The Years of Lyndon Johnson displays all the narrative energy and illuminating insight that led the Times of London to acclaim it as "one of the truly great political biographies of the modern age.
Record unemployment and rampant corporate avarice, empty houses but homeless families, dwindling opportunities in an increasingly paralyzed nation - these are the realities of 21st-century America, land of the free and home of the new middle class poor.
Join one of America's beloved storytellers on a walk like no other: one man's unrelenting search for hope.
On the heels of the international bestseller Only Time Will Tell, Jeffrey Archer picks up the sweeping story of the Clifton Chronicles....
In The Wind Through the Keyhole, Stephen King returns to the rich landscape of Mid-World, the spectacular territory of the Dark Tower fantasy saga that stands as his most beguiling achievement.
The daughter of a controlling mother, Elizabeth finally let loose one night, drinking at a nightclub and allowing a strange man's seductive Russian accent lure her to a house on Lake Shore Drive. The events that follow change her life forever.
NAMED ONE OF THE TEN BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY Janet Maslin, The New York Times * People * Vogue ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR --Financial Times * Chicago Sun-Times The Independent * Bookreporter The Sunday Business PostMom loved adages,
When Vampires Go On Vacation . . . Escaping a horrible marriage, Carolyn Connor has no desire to think about men--a vow she's determined to keep while on vacation in St. Lucia.
In the first novel of a spellbinding new trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Jeff Shaara returns to the Civil War terrain he knows best.
Anne Wynter might not be who she says she is . . . But she's managing quite well as a governess to three highborn young ladies.
Others may dread the chill of winter, but he relishes it. The way the frigid water preserves his victims, the feel of their icy skin beneath his fingers. . . And soon the world will see their beauty and his vengeance.
Few politicians have risen to national prominence as quickly as Marco Rubio. At age forty-one he's the subject of widespread interest and speculation.
From one of our preeminent journalists and modern historians comes the epic story of Barack Obama and the world that created him.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.