- Table View
- List View
The students of the 121 Express are infamous for bad behavior and Lucas knows his role on the bus will determine his social standing at his new school. Lucas is tired of being one of the nerds.
Adapted from the classic by Emily Hutchinson. This 88-page book includes described drawings and an 8-page study guide at the end.
"A Goal in Sight" is the story of an unlikely friendship that teaches a troubled kid the value of fair play.
Everything changes when Hattie Tamblyn's much-adored older brother, Will, enlists in the Canadian army in 1916 and is sent to fight in France.
When Amy trains for the Novice Canadian Figure Skating Championship she knows the stakes are high. If she does well, she's one step closer to the Olympics; if she doesn't, she's convinced her parents will stop paying for her skating lessons.
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. . . " With these famous words, Charles Dickens plunges the reader into the French Revolution. This adapted classic captures the intensity of the original book, but is written in a simpler manner. Word definitions and study guide provided.
This novel, complete in just 80 pages, has been painstakingly adapted to retain the integrity of the original work. It provides the reader a sense of the author's style and an understanding of the novel's theme.
A sailing trip to the Caribbean might sound great, but sixteen-year-old Rachel can't stand being trapped on a small boat with her family. She misses her best friend and feels guilty about leaving her older sister Emma, who lives in a group home.
The story of a sixteen-year-old boy whose father becomes a Nazi turncoat is explored.
Caroline grew up around horses and had been a tough, skilled rider as long as she could remember.
Ian has been going to Key West every summer for years, helping his Uncle Gord at his dive shop and spending as much time as he can underwater.
D'Arcy is a 16-year-old overachiever and a budding newshound. When her classmate Zania's mother goes missing, D'Arcy thinks she's found the mother of all scoops. She's determined to solve the mystery and capture it all on film.
Melissa is waiting for the "new life" that her mother Sharlene has promised her since a fire devastated their family. But nothing ever seems to change.
Peter has done it! He's made it onto an AAA Bantam team and is now playing hockey in Edmonton. But this shy boy from the Northwest Territories is having a hard time adjusting to city life, his new school, and host family.
Alecia's soccer team, the Vancouver Burrards, is the one stable thing in her life. Everything else is new or changing: a new school, a new stepfather.
Todd Lerner's never been much of a student, but he's got plenty of street smarts and he's a mean poker player. Todd's always had a thing for Claire, the most beautiful girl in grade eleven -- but Claire likes nice things.
The story of a young German fighting in World War I and his experiences. Adapted for easier reading. Study questions at the end.
A collection of 22 compelling short fiction for older teen readers.
A realistic portrait of a young girl's struggle to come to terms with her mother's death.
Edgy and suspenseful young adult fiction that explores topics teens want to read about. Tia is spending the summer working at a special ranch designed to "scare straight" at-risk youth.
"Back" chronicles the story of Jojo-- an ex-thug -- who has just returned home after serving a two year prison sentence.
After a robbery goes terribly wrong, Quentin is framed for murder.
Jay, Kelvin and Cia are The Lunar Ticks, a dedicated band, convinced they are on their way to the top. They hope to win an upcoming battle of the bands where the first prize is a full day in a recording studio.
Having barely survived a brain aneurysm two years earlier, fifteen-year-old Adrien is spending the holidays working at her Aunt Erin_s summer camp. But caught between the land of the living and the spirit world, she is unsure where she belongs.
Belle, an 11-year-old Metis girl, and Sarah both want the coveted job of church bell ringer. An embroidery contest is held to award the position, and Sarah cheats.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.