Beat Not the Bonesby Jay, Charlotte
A friend asks Philip Marlowe for help, making the detective an accessory in his wife's murder. When Marlowe receives word of the friend's death in Mexico, he looks into the murder and the family secrets surrounding it.
A psychological thriller... What starts with a crank call from an old school chum sets the lonely, aloof, financially comfortable Miss Helen Clarvoe on a path as predictable only as madness. Lured from her rooms in a second-rate residential Hollywood hotel, she finds herself stranded in the more perilous terrain of extortion, pornography, vengeance, and ultimately murder.
A Dram of Poisonby Armstrong, Charlotte
Room to Swingby Lacy, Ed
The Eighth Circleby Ellin, Stanley
The Hours Before Dawnby Fremlin, Celia
The Progress of a Crimeby Symons, Julian
George Gideon, Commander of the C.I.D., is met at the office one morning with the news of a sex maniac, a mass murderer and a fire in an old tenement building out at Lambeth.
A millionaire is murdered and Inspector Felse, after sifting through the few shreds of evidence, finally arrests Kitty Norris, his teenaged son Dominic's first love.
The Light of Day was the basis for Jules Dassin's classic film, Topkapi.When Arthur Abdel Simpson first spots Harper in the Athens airport, he recognizes him as a tourist unfamiliar with city and in need of a private driver.
The central figure, Leamas, is on a mission to trap the top spy of East Berlin, set during the Cold War.
You are a secret agent working for the British in Berlin today. You are due to go home on leave, but you are being followed (by your own people or by an enemy - and which enemy?)
Edgar award-winning novel featuring Inspector Van der Valk. A handsome middle-aged millionaire has disappeared with a naked girl and it's up to Inspector Van der Valk to find them.
As Fred Fitch careers across the New York City landscape - and sometimes skyline - in his meetings with cops, con men, beautiful girls, and (maybe) murderers, he takes on some of the loonier aspects of a Dante without a Virgil.
Intensely timely, this classic spellbinding thriller of medical scandal and murder combines breathtaking suspense with a penetrating examination of America's medical establishment.
Winner of the Edgar Allan Poe Mystery Prize for best crime story of 1969, this is another classic Dick Francis mystery set at the racetrack.
Eight bus riders are killed and a ninth critically injured in an apparently motiveless crime. But the killer has managed to target one of Beck's best detectives -- and he, surely, would not have been riding that lethal bus without a reason.
The Lingala Codeby Kiefer, Warren
The IRA attempts to steal treasures from the Vatican but their plans go horribly wrong.
Forced into retirement by the CIA, Miles Kendig tried everything to satisfy his hunger for excitement. Finally he threatens to expose the espionage secrets of the major powers, setting himself up as the quarry of an international manhunt.
I had been urban-renewed right out of my office and had to move. The previous tenant had been a fortune teller.
Catch Me: Kill Meby Hallahan, William H.
One enemy spy knows the secret to the Allies' greatest deception, a brilliant aristocrat and ruthless assassin -- code name: "The Needle" -- who holds the key to ultimate Nazi victory.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.