- Table View
- List View
This edition, a definitive guide for students, contains topics which include Earth's Changing Crust, Weathering and Erosion, Movement of Head, Energy Transfer and Weather and Ecosystems, etc.
This book covers life, earth and physical science broadly.
The state of California has established guidelines, or standards, describing science knowledge and skills for which students in grades six through eight are responsible.
All living things need to make or take in food. Living things need a way to take care of and protect their bodies. They also need to grow and reproduce, or make more living things of the same kind. They need a way to get rid of waste, too.
A book for students to learn about Earth's structure, mountains, earthquakes, volcanoes etc.
Speeding through the water at up to 25 miles per hour (40 kph), the California sea lion is one of the fastest animals in the sea. This clever and skillful swimmer has to move fast. After all, many of the animals that it eats, such as squid, are fast swimmers, too! Look inside to find out more about this speedy sea mammal, including where it lives, how it hunts, and the special ways its body helps it reach its record-breaking speeds. Picture descriptions added.
This guide includes: 1 full-length practice test. Detailed explanations for every answer. Additional, test-length practice test for each subtest. In-depth content review for all subtest topics, including: Reading, Language, and Literature.
Fictionalized account of the sufferings of the immigrant communities of 1920's through the 1940s in California's Central Valley. Historical fiction.
From the back cover: The only riches Texans had left after the Civil War were five million maverick longhorns and the brains, brawn and boldness to drive them north to where the money was. Now, Ralph Compton brings this violent and magnificent time to life in an extraordinary epic series based on the history blazing trail drives. THE CALIFORNIA TRAIL Gold fever had hit California, and suddenly, the land was full of hungry pioneers. For Gil and Van Austin, two Texas brothers, it meant the chance to sell well grazed longhorns after years of hard ranching and a treacherous cattle drive up through Mexico. The only trouble was that California was on the other side of a searing desert, swollen rivers, a barrage of Indian attacks, and a whole passel of outlaw trouble. And while the Texans and their men were ready and willing to take it all on, there was one thing they weren't prepared for, the ultimate act of treachery and deceit in a land of schemes, dreamers and gold!
This book aims at helping the student develop the English language. Some of the areas the student is tested on include: comprehension & writing strategies, grammar & mechanics usage and spelling.
Skills and strategies that are tested in this book include reading comprehension, writing strategies, grammar, mechanics, and usage, spelling, vocabulary and oral fluency.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.