- Table View
- List View
Shannon Riley is a dedicated nurse with a secret past. Her patient -- comatose after a deadly beating -- is Gabe Turner, the prime suspect in his friend's drug-related murder. Gabe awakens and flees from the hospital to California, taking Shannon hostage as he tries to understand the mystery threatening his life. Pursued by the law and by ruthless men who want them dead, they play a dangerous game with no clear rules -- but many truths will be revealed under the California moon.
Which species found in California are endangered or threatened? Where can you find a 4,000 year-old tree? You can find the answers to these questions in California Plants and Animals. This book contains many fun and fascinating facts about the plants and animals that live in California and the habitats in which they live. You will learn how these living things fit into an ecosystem and what actions are being taken to protect California's natural environment.
Known for its accessible approach to real estate law and comprehensive state specific information, this introductory text is a favorite with California Broker candidates.
California Real Estate Practice is the practical application of real estate knowledge to meet the needs of buyers, sellers, lessors, and lessees. It is a course in what to do for success in meeting these needs.
Combining the latest state specific information with solid industry fundamentals, this user-friendly text gives students a strong foundation for a career in real estate. California Real Estate Principles comes loading with instructor resources and extra features to enhance the student-learning experience and make teaching the class easier than ever.
An introductory science textbook.
This edition, a definitive guide for students, contains topics which include Earth's Changing Crust, Weathering and Erosion, Movement of Head, Energy Transfer and Weather and Ecosystems, etc.
This book covers life, earth and physical science broadly.
The state of California has established guidelines, or standards, describing science knowledge and skills for which students in grades six through eight are responsible.
All living things need to make or take in food. Living things need a way to take care of and protect their bodies. They also need to grow and reproduce, or make more living things of the same kind. They need a way to get rid of waste, too.
A book for students to learn about Earth's structure, mountains, earthquakes, volcanoes etc.
Speeding through the water at up to 25 miles per hour (40 kph), the California sea lion is one of the fastest animals in the sea. This clever and skillful swimmer has to move fast. After all, many of the animals that it eats, such as squid, are fast swimmers, too! Look inside to find out more about this speedy sea mammal, including where it lives, how it hunts, and the special ways its body helps it reach its record-breaking speeds. Picture descriptions added.
This guide includes: 1 full-length practice test. Detailed explanations for every answer. Additional, test-length practice test for each subtest. In-depth content review for all subtest topics, including: Reading, Language, and Literature.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.