- Table View
- List View
This textbook is closely aligned to the Michigan Content Expectations for English Language Arts.
The content of California Math Algebra 1 offers complete coverage of California's Algebra 1 Mathematics Content Standards. Mathematics standards from previous grades are reviewed to help with your understanding of the Algebra 1 standards. It teaches you valuable techniques for solving purely mathematical and real-world problem and provides a balance between basic skills, conceptual understanding, and problem solving--all supported by mathematical reasoning.
The book covers a vast range of topics like rational numbers, operations,equations and functions, geometry, square roots, and probability and provides instruction and practice on standardized test questions in many formats.
Every lesson in the book has both skill practice and problem solving, including multi-step problems and also helps students in preparing for standardized tests.
When you study U.S. history, you will see how the past informs your everyday life. Many things, such as the clothes you wear and the music you listen to, have been influenced by America's past.
This book was written to help you learn the concepts and skills in the California Content Standards and in state assessment. In each lesson, the key Standards taught in the lesson are listed in the margin. These lists provide a handy way of keeping track of your progress in learning the content in the Standards.
The textbook is designed to contain Algebra in each unit, Problem Solving in each lesson and Unique Test-Taking features for each unit.
In this book you will see how scientific knowledge keeps growing and changing as scientists ask new questions and rethink what was known before. The text and pictures in this book will help you learn key concepts and important facts about earth science. A variety of activities will help you investigate these concepts.
In the simplest terms, physical science is the study of what things are made of and how they change. It combines the studies of both physics and chemistry. Physics is the science of matter, energy, and forces. It includes the study of topics such as motion, light, and electricity and magnetism. Chemistry is the study of the structure and properties of matter, and it especially focuses on how substances change into different substances.
Science textbook for North Carolina 6th graders.
McDougal Littell Science pulls together units from the different categories of science to give you a broad picture of how scientists study nature. For example, life scientists, earth scientists, and physical scientists might all study water, but from different points of view.
This book is a comprehensive text on Middle school science with relevant topics like Cells and Heredity,Human Biology,Motion and Forces.
An important part of economic geography is understanding which resources a nation possesses. Natural resources are materials on or in the earth--such as trees, fish, or coal--that have economic value. Materials from the earth become resources only when the society has the technology and ability to transform those resources into goods.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.