The authors present a practical text for graduate students and faculty, as well as professionals working in areas outside academia--businesses, government entities, and nonprofit organizations--that encourage employees to publish at conferences. Organized into sections corresponding to the timeline of a conference paper, the text covers reasons for choosing to publish at conferences versus in journals or magazines, what it will cost, and publishing statistics; steps for selecting the right conference, including finding upcoming conferences, reading a call for papers, and the timeline for submitting a paper to a conference; deciding on solo authorship versus multiple authorship, finding co-authors, and the abstract submission process; writing a paper in a scholarly way; preparing for and giving the conference presentation; social interaction and networking at the conference; and how to be session chair. The material is illustrated throughout with case studies, examples, and vignettes from the literature and the authors' experiences.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.