- Table View
- List View
The authors present a practical text for graduate students and faculty, as well as professionals working in areas outside academia--businesses, government entities, and nonprofit organizations--that encourage employees to publish at conferences. Organized into sections corresponding to the timeline of a conference paper, the text covers reasons for choosing to publish at conferences versus in journals or magazines, what it will cost, and publishing statistics; steps for selecting the right conference, including finding upcoming conferences, reading a call for papers, and the timeline for submitting a paper to a conference; deciding on solo authorship versus multiple authorship, finding co-authors, and the abstract submission process; writing a paper in a scholarly way; preparing for and giving the conference presentation; social interaction and networking at the conference; and how to be session chair. The material is illustrated throughout with case studies, examples, and vignettes from the literature and the authors' experiences.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.