How do I open books in Kurzweil Firefly?
Kurzweil Firefly users can save Bookshare books to their Universal Library online. To download books directly in Firefly, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Kurzweil’s Firefly website: https://www.kurzweil3000.com/KLogin.php.
- Enter your Kurzweil username and password, then select the Login button.
- When you first log in you should be taken to your Universal Library. To download Bookshare books, select the Bookshare button in the top right corner of the screen.
- You can choose to search for books by Author or Title. Select the radio button on the left side of the window to choose Author or Title.
- Enter your search criteria into the search box, then select the Search button.
- Select the title of the book.
- Enter in your Bookshare username and password, then select the Submit button.
- Kurzweil displays a Loading window while the book downloads to your Universal Library. Once the book is finished downloading it will automatically open.
- Once the book opens, use the Next button on the right side of the screen to move page by page. You can also enter a page number on the bottom left corner of the screen to quickly move to a different page.
- To start reading, select the Play button (the green triangle button on the Kurzweil toolbar) at the top of the page.
Kurzweil Firefly App
Kurzweil users can also read their Bookshare books on an iPad using the K3000 app. Please note that the K3000 app is read-only, so you can only access books that have already been saved to your Universal Library.
Once you have the Kurzweil Firefly app installed on your iPad, please follow the steps below to access your books:
- Open the Firefly app on your iPad.
- Sign in to your Kurzweil account.
- On the left side of the screen, open folders in your Universal Library to find your book.
- Once you’ve located your book, tap the name of the book to open it.
- Swipe from right to left to move to the next page, or use the slider at the bottom of the page to move to a particular section. Tap on the green Play button at the top of the screen to start the audio.