How do I read books on Capti's website?
Capti, the creators of Capti Narrator, also offer an online reader on their website. Capti Narrator Online is a free eBook reader that you can open in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Like Web Reader, Capti Online has built-in Text to Speech and a number of visual settings. Capti Online also syncs with the mobile app—Capti Narrator—so you can share books between devices.
Before you can use Capti Online you'll need to create a Capti account. Please visit Capti's Sign Up page to create your own free account. Once you've created an account, follow the steps below to start downloading books:
- Open Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on your computer and go to https://www.captivoice.com/.
- Select the Log In button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter in your Capti username and password, then select the Log In button.
- If you’re not automatically taken to your Playlist, select the Playlist button on the top left corner of the page.
- Select the Add Track button (the green plus-sign) under the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Select Bookshare from the list of available options.
- Select the Log In to Bookshare button and enter in your Bookshare username and password.
- To find a book by title, author, or ISBN, choose your search criteria at the top of the page and enter your text in the search box at the top of the screen. You can also select the History button to re-download one of your past books.
- To start downloading a book, select the name of the book. A pop-up will appear on the bottom of the screen letting you know that the book is being added to your playlist.
- To access your downloaded books, select the Playlist button at the top of the page. You can find your downloaded books in the sidebar on the left side of the page.