How do I use Spotlight Text?
Bookshare members can download books directly on their iPad using Spotlight Text. Spotlight Text is designed specifically for low vision users, with a high contrast interface, large controls, and large print. Once you've purchased Spotlight Text from the App Store, follow the steps below to download your first book:
- Open Spotlight Text.
- Select the Login to View Bookshare Library button on the bottom of the screen.
- Enter in your Bookshare email address and password, then select the Login to Bookshare button.
- Select the Menu button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Search button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the Search box at the top of the screen, then type in the title of the book. Select the Search button on the right side of your keyboard.
- Once you’ve found a book in the search results, select the Add to Library button on the right side of the screen. Once the book is downloaded, select the Open button to read the book.
- Scroll from top to bottom with one finger to move through the book, or select the down arrow button on the right side of the screen to move line by line.
- To adjust your audio and visual settings, select the Controls button on the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Save button in the top left corner of the book to bookmark your spot.
- When you’re finished reading, select the Menu button in the top right corner, then select Library to access your other books.