Listen to books in MP3 or DAISY format with Voice Dream Reader
- Set your download preference on your Bookshare account to MP3 or DAISY audio.
- Use your mobile browser on your phone/iPad to log into Bookshare.org and download your desired book in “audio” format. The book will be saved to the downloads folder on your phone.
- Open Voice Dream Reader and click on the “add” button. Choose “file browser” from the “add document” window.
- Select the zipped file for the audio book that you already downloaded. The book will be added to your Voice Dream Reader Library.
- Other options to import files into Voice Dream Reader can be found on their FAQ page.
Listen to books in MP3 format with iTunes/Apple Music via a Mac Computer
- Set your download preference on your Bookshare account to MP3 audio.
- Download your desired book from the Bookshare website in “audio” format.
- When you select the zipped file for your book in your downloads folder, it will unzip automatically and create a folder containing all the audio files for your book.
- You can drag the unzipped folder to the iTunes/Apple Music icon, or use “ctrl + click” to open options for the unzipped folder and then “open with” and iTunes/Apple Music to save them in that program.
- Sync your mobile device to your computer to listen to the book.