I am no longer a student. How do I purchase a subscription?
Bookshare members can continue using their account even after they’ve completed or halted their education. While Bookshare membership is only free for U.S. students (see Student Qualifications), you can purchase a membership when you are no longer a student to continue using your account.
To renew your account, you will need to change your account from a student to a paid membership:
- Log in to Bookshare.
- Select the "My Account” link.
- Select the "Student Status" link.
- Select the "Edit Information" button.
- Check the box that says, "No, I am no longer a student."
You will then be presented with the option to purchase a subscription for $50 or cancel your membership. To purchase Bookshare membership:
- Select the "Purchase Membership" button.
- Enter your Visa or MasterCard information.
- Select the “Preview” button and verify that the information is correct.
- Select the “Confirm” button to make your purchase.
- Log out and then log back in to your account for the renewal to take effect.
If your current student membership has not yet expired, your purchased subscription will begin the day after your student subscription expires.