Shadow of a Bull
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- Manolo Olivar has to make a decision: to follow in his famous father's shadow and become a bullfighter, or to follow his heart and become a doctor.
- Long Synopsis:
- Maia Wojciechowska's 1965 Newbery Medal winner about a young boy struggling with his father's legacy.Manolo was only three when his father, the great bullfighter Juan Olivar, died. But Juan is never far from Manolo's consciousness--how could he be, with the entire town of Arcangel waiting for the day Manolo will fulfill his father's legacy? But Manolo has a secret he dares to share with no one--he is a coward, without aficiÓn, the love of the sport that enables a bullfighter to rise above his fear and face a raging bull. As the day when he must enter the ring approaches, Manolo finds himself questioning which requires more courage: to follow in his father's legendary footsteps or to pursue his own destiny?
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- ATHENEUM BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Alvin Smith, Maia Wojciechowska
- Adult content:
- English US
- Teens, Literature and Fiction
- Grade Levels:
- Seventh grade, Eighth grade, Ninth grade, Tenth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Shadow of a Bull (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet