Bookshare United Kingdom
Do You Need Help Reading?
Bookshare® helps people with learning, visual, and physical disabilities read with accessible ebooks.
Bookshare® books let you to read in ways that work for you. Members can listen to books, follow along with highlighted text, read in braille, and customize their reading experience in ways that make reading easier.
A large collection of books are available in the UK and can be read on many different technologies, including computers, tablets, smartphones, assistive technology devices, and MP3 players.
Who may join?
Anyone with a qualifying print disability, such as blindness or low vision, a physical disability that prevents using a physical book, or a learning disability that affects reading, like severe dyslexia, may join Bookshare.
How much does it cost?
- For individuals, a subscription costs USD $50 per year and there is a one-time signup fee of USD $25.
- Special offer for UK residents with a learning disability: Bookshare is FREE through our partner Dyslexia Action through the end of 2015. Learn more.
- For organizations, books are available in blocks of book downloads. The cost is USD $300 for 30, USD $450 for 60, or USD $600 for 100 book downloads. Organizations are not eligible for free membership through Dyslexia Action at this time.
Sign Up Today in Three Easy Steps!
- Make sure you have a qualifying print disability.
- Register for Bookshare.
- Email signed proof of disability form to: email@example.com.
A welcome email will be sent to the email address provided during registration. Please check your Junk or spam folder.