Read for Life with Bookshare
Vision loss should not be a barrier to life. Bookshare’s ebooks make it easier for people with visual impairments to read and pursue their passions. Whether you want to be entertained, stimulate your mind, advance your career, or socialize with others, you can read for life with Bookshare.
Why join Bookshare?
Bookshare is an ebook library for people with reading barriers like blindness and low vision.
- Unlimited reading with access to nearly one million titles, including New York Times bestsellers, fiction, nonfiction, literature, upskilling books, and more
- FREE for New York Public Library or Andrew Heiskell Library patrons (lowest cost for unlimited reading for non-patrons)
- FREE for qualified U.S. students of any age
- Read books in high quality audio, large print, and digital braille
- Read on computers, tablets, smartphones, assistive technology devices
- Helpful support by email or phone and training resources
Sign Up for Bookshare
Bookshare is FREE for New York Public Library or Andrew Heiskell Library patrons. Non-patrons can read as many books as they like (no monthly limits) for just over $4 per month, or $50 per year.