School closed? How to support students with learning differences online with Bookshare Webinar
Is your school shifting to online learning due to COVID-19? Do you teach students with IEPs, 504 plans, or learning differences that require accommodations? Do you know how you will support them in an online environment?
Join us for a free webinar to learn how you can help students with dyslexia, blindness, cerebral palsy, and other reading barriers to read and learn independently at home with FREE Bookshare ebooks.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to get access to over 800,000 textbooks, educational materials, and leisure books for free
- How to easily and remotely assign books to students to read on their own at home
- How to access free and paid reading apps for computers, tablets, smartphones, and AT devices
- How to customize student reading experiences with ebooks in audio, audio + highlighted text, braille, large font, and more
- How to give students individual access so they can find and read books on their own
Presented by Bookshare’s Associate Director of Global Literacy, Christine Jones, along with Scott Richards, Occupational Therapist and Assistive Technology Consultant with Boston Public Schools; and Amy Ratajczak, Speech Language Pathologist and Assistive Technology Professional, Clarence Central School District in New York.