These Texas based professional development and community resources will benefit educators, families and individuals with print disabilities by providing information and support. Although Bookshare cannot endorse a specific organization, we do encourage you to visit their websites.
Texas Dyslexia Handbook and Procedures Concerning Dyslexia and Related Disorders (TEA)
Texas Region 10 Handbook in English (pdf), updated Fall 2018. Also see other versions below.
- Dyslexia Handbook – Spanish version (pdf)
- Accessible Handbook – English version on Bookshare (free download)
- Accessible Handbook – Spanish version on Bookshare (free download)
Texas Committee on Technology Integration for Students with Dyslexia
The Committee on Technology Integration for Students with Dyslexia was formed to develop a plan for integrating technology into the classroom to help accommodate students with dyslexia. Read the entire plan or browse by sections:
Section One: An overview of the benefits of integrating technology into the classroom to help accommodate students with dyslexia, including research to support the plan.
Section Two: A list with descriptions of classroom technologies that are useful and practical in assisting public schools in accommodating students with dyslexia, considering budget constraints of school districts.
Section Three: A methodology for providing the technologies to students with dyslexia.
Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia Organizations in Texas
- Austin Branch of The International Dyslexia Association
- Dallas Branch of The International Dyslexia Association
- Decoding Dyslexia – Texas
- Dyslexia Parent Network – Austin Facebook Group
- Dyslexia Parent Network – Odessa Facebook Group
- ESC Dyslexia Program
- Houston Branch of The International Dyslexia Association
- Impacting Dyslexia Education Awareness and Support
- Learning Disabilities Association of Texas