The Secret Garden
- Brief Synopsis:
- Classic story of Mary and her discovery of a secret garden, locked and forgotten behind walls.
- Long Synopsis:
- [This text is listed as an example that meets Common Core Standards in English language arts in grades 4-5 at http://www.corestandards.org.]
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 240 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Children's Books, Literature and Fiction
- Grade Levels:
- Fourth grade, Fifth grade, Sixth grade
- Submitted By:
- Laura Hall
- Proofread By:
- Laura Hall
Reviews of The Secret Garden (1 review)
The Secret Garden is about this girl who learns to be good. Mary is the main character and she was born in India and always and servants waiting on her usually native americans but then something happened in the orphanage she was staying in. There was a disease that killed all the people from the orphanage. They moved the girl to London where she had a rich relative who could support her. There marry learned how to love life. My favorite character of the book is a character Marry later meet in the book his name is callen. What mainly happens in this book is about Marry, Callen, and a kid named Dicum help to relive the garden that had ben closed up for the death of the relative’s wife.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.