The Gods of Mars
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 238 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction, Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Submitted By:
- Laura Hall
- Usage Restrictions:
- This book is in the public domain and is freely available to all.
4 out of 5
By Nathalie Brossard on Nov 15, 2010
This is the second book in the Mars series. John Carter is finally transported back to Mars. Unfortunately for him, he finds himself close to an ancient religious site namely the mountains of Otz. The rest of the first chapter is filled with an account of the battle between him and the plant men. There is also a party of green warriors who he tries to help. Only Tars Tarkas survives. They then have their first encounter with the Holy Therns in some caves. The rest of the chapters are then filled with their trek through the caves. As they are escaping from the temples of the Therns, they are captured by the black pirates. Naturally, John Carter escapes and in the process meets his son. Also, the first born and their goddess Issus are exposed for what they really are. The book glorifies war as does the whole of this series. John Carter is too much the hero but the enjoyment in the book comes in the detail of the plot plus the fortunate coincidences that the different characters experience placing them in the same place at the same time. A few women fall in love with John Carter which detracts from the plot and is a distraction. Written by Pranav Lal
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.