His Last Bow
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 19 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Nonfiction, Mystery and Thrillers, Literature and Fiction
- Submitted By:
- Laura Hall
- Usage Restrictions:
- This book is in the public domain and is freely available to all.
4 out of 5
By Nathalie Brossard on Nov 15, 2010
This is an epilogue of Sherlock Holmes. It is set just before the First World War. The story starts with a German diplomat and a German spy (Von Borg) meeting at the former's house for a conference. The diplomat congratulates the spy. The spy is leaving England the following day. However, there is a crucial piece of information relating to navy signals that an Irish American called Altamont has to bring. Altamont brings the information or so Von Borg thinks. Altamont is Sherlock Holmes in disguise and he and Dr. Watson, who is acting as Altamont's chauffeur, arrest Von Borg. There is some conversation between Dr. Watson and Holmes thanks to which we learn that Mr. Holmes has devoted his life to bee culture and that he has been feeding the Germans false information for quite some time. There is an element of finality about the story. However, Holmes fans must not despair. There are plenty of other stories written by later authors that chronicle the adventures of this famous detective. Written by Pranav Lal
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.