His Last Bow
- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 19 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- English US
- Literature and Fiction
- Submitted By:
- Laura Hall
Reviews of His Last Bow (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
This is an epilogue of Sherlock Holmes. It is set just before the First World War. The story starts with a German diplomat and a German spy (Von Borg) meeting at the former's house for a conference. The diplomat congratulates the spy. The spy is leaving England the following day. However, there is a crucial piece of information relating to navy signals that an Irish American called Altamont has to bring. Altamont brings the information or so Von Borg thinks. Altamont is Sherlock Holmes in disguise and he and Dr. Watson, who is acting as Altamont's chauffeur, arrest Von Borg. There is some conversation between Dr. Watson and Holmes thanks to which we learn that Mr. Holmes has devoted his life to bee culture and that he has been feeding the Germans false information for quite some time. There is an element of finality about the story. However, Holmes fans must not despair. There are plenty of other stories written by later authors that chronicle the adventures of this famous detective. Written by Pranav Lal
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.