CK-12 Biology I - Honors
- Brief Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Biology 1- Honors FlexBook Covers the following chapters: Foundations of Life Science- scientific investigations, methods, observations, & communication.
- Long Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Biology 1- Honors FlexBook Covers the following chapters: Foundations of Life Science- scientific investigations, methods, observations, & communication. Chemical Basis of Life- matter, the significance of carbon, lipids, proteins. Cell Structure and Function- prokaryotic, eukaryotic, plant, & animal cell features; structures/ functions of DNA, RNA, protein, cell transport, homeostasis. Photosynthesis- water, carbon, and nitrogen cycle between abiotic and biotic resources. Cellular Respiration- relation to glycolysis, Krebs Cycle, electron transport chain. Cell Division and Reproduction- cell division, reproduction. Mendelian Genetics- inheritance, sex-linked traits. Molecular Genetics- DNA, RNA, protein synthesis, mutation, regulating gene expression. Human Genetics- human genome, diseases, Biotechnology- DNA technology, gene cloning. History of Life- evolution, macroevolution, extinctions, episodic speciation, response to change. Evolutionary Theory- Darwin's Theory of Evolution, common ancestry and natural selection. Evolution in Populations- genetics of populations, genetic diseases, natural selection. Classification- Taxonomy, scientific classification of organisms. Principles of Ecology- Ecology's relation with energy; ecosystems, the water, carbon, and nitrogen cycles. Biomes, Ecosystems and Communities- terrestrial/ aquatic biomes, community interactions. Populations- Analysis of populations and dynamics. Ecology and Human Actions- Balance between humans and the earth addressing natural resources, ecosystems, & biodiversity. The Human Body- systems. Nervous and Endocrine Systems- structures & functions, homeostasis. Skeletal, Muscular, and Integumentary Systems- structures, functions, & homeostasis. Circulatory and Respiratory Systems- structures and functions. Digestive and Excretory Systems- structures/ functions, food pyramid. Immune System and Disease- Body defenses against pathogens. Reproductive System and Human Development- human reproductive systems, reproductive lifecycle, STDs.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- CK-12 Foundation
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Science, Textbooks
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of CK-12 Biology I - Honors (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.