- Brief Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Single Variable Calculus FlexBook covers the following chapters: Functions, Limits, and Continuity - A review of the basics of functions is given.
- Long Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Single Variable Calculus FlexBook covers the following chapters: Functions, Limits, and Continuity - A review of the basics of functions is given. Students use linear approximations to study the limit process, before a more formal treatment of limits is given. Differentiation - Students explore instantaneous rate of change, and the relationship between continuity and differentiability. The Chain Rule and implicit differentiation are reviewed. Applications of Derivatives - Students gain practice with using the derivatives in related rates problems. Additional topics include The First Derivative Test, The Second Derivative Test, limits at infinity, optimization, and approximation errors. Integration - This chapter includes indefinite integrals calculus, initial value problems, definite integrals, the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, integration by substitution, and numerical integration. Applications of Integration - This chapter includes applications of the definite integral, such as calculating areas between two curves, volumes, length of curves, and other real-world applications in physics and statistics. Transcendental Functions - This chapter includes differentiation and integration of logarithmic and exponential functions, exponential growth and decay, derivatives and integrals involving inverse trigonometric functions, and L'Hospital's Rule. Integration Techniques - Students explore integration by substitution, integration by parts, integration by partial fractions, trigonometric integrals, trigonometric substitutions, and improper integrals. Infinite Series - This chapter introduces the study of sequences and infinite series. The properties presented describe the behavior of a sequence or series, including whether a sequence approaches a number or an infinite series adds to a number.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- CK-12 Foundation
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Nonfiction, Mathematics and Statistics, Textbooks, Educational Materials, Science
- Grade Levels:
- Eleventh grade, Twelfth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of CK-12 Calculus (0 reviews)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.