The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 175 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- English US
- Mystery and Thrillers
- Submitted By:
- Jim Pardee
Reviews of The Hound of the Baskervilles (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
Sherlock Holmes is called in by Dr. James Mortimer to investigate the strange legend of The Hound of the Baskervilles. The Baskervilles have been a family that has been violent and legend has it that many members have met their death due to this hound. The last Baskerville was much taken with this legend. To add to this, he died under mysterious circumstances. His doctor and family friend Dr. Mortimer is concerned for the well being of the new heir Sir, Henry Baskerville. Things start happening to Sir Henry as soon as he lands in England. The happenings are curious such as him losing a new boot. Dr. Watson, Dr. Mortimer and Sir Henry go down to Baskerville hall. Dr. Watson starts investigating and discovers several clues. The book has an atmosphere of its own and there are several thrilling incidents such as the butler, Barrymore and his wife signaling to her convict brother. The story progresses and has a truly climactic end. It is not a "they lived happily ever after" kind of end but a nuanced ending which deals with the consequences of events too. This is one of the best stories involving Sherlock Holmes. Written by Pranav Lal
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.