- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 362 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction, Mystery and Thrillers
- Submitted By:
- Jesse Fahnestock
Reviews of The Mucker (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
Billy Byrne is a criminal. He is a stranger to concepts like chivalry. He insults women and is a regular drinker. His education has been the rough life of Chicago's west side. He follows his own meager code of ethics for it is all he knows. He is SHANGHAIED on board the half moon where he finds out about a conspiracy to kidnap Barbara Harding the daughter of Anthony Harding a millionaire. Billy Byrne hates Barbara Harding's kind but he begins to introspect after she has called him a coward. The Halfmoon is hit by a typhoon and her crew lands on a remote Japanese island inhabited by head hunters. Barbara Harding is kidnapped but Billy rescues her. Then Barbara's rescue party is also kidnapped but again Billy and the second officer of the Halfmoon rescue them. They leave Billy on the island presuming him dead. Billy returns to Chicago and becomes a boxer. Barbara Harding's influence stays with him. He is convicted wrongly and is sentenced to prison. He escapes and meets Bridge where they flee to Mexico. Barbara also comes to Mexico. She is kidnapped and her father's ranch assaulted. Billy Berne comes to the rescue yet again. The story is a classic since it shows what environment can do to a man and how, if a man so desires can change and go strait. Written by Pranav Lal.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.