The Return of Sherlock Holmes
- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 323 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- English US
- Literature and Fiction
- Submitted By:
- Jim Pardee
Reviews of The Return of Sherlock Holmes (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, had wanted to kill him but the public outcry after the story called the final problem was immense so he had to bring Holmes back. He does so in dramatic fashion in the adventure of the empty house. We learn that Holmes never went into the Reichenbach Falls but was able to save himself thanks to his knowledge of Baritsu, or the art of Japanese wrestling. There are several other stories that will delight a Holmes fan. In some of the stories, the reader cannot follow the steps as they happen since Holmes gets a lot of his information via telegrams, whose contents are not revealed to the reader at that point. However, one story that the reader can follow as it happens is the ADVENTURE OF THE NORWOOD BUILDER where an ex-lover of a lady tries to trap her son. There are several other interesting stories; some of them are truly shocking such as the ADVENTURE OF THE PRIORY SCHOOL. Doyle however injects his own brand of British humor into these stories and demonstrates that one can squeeze in a few laughs even during the most trying circumstances. Written by Pranav Lal.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.