Michael Strogoff or The Courier of the Czar
- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 291 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction
- Submitted By:
- Jesse Fahnestock
Reviews of Michael Strogoff or The Courier of the Czar (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
Ivan Ogareff, a rogue colonel in the Russian has started a Tartar revolt cutting off eastern Siberia. The Czar's brother the grant duke is in Eastern Siberia. The Czar knows that his brother is in danger since Ivan Ogareff has a personal vendetta against the grand duke. The telegraph lines have been cut by the Tartars and so a courier, Michael Strogoff is sent to warn the grand Duke. Michael Strogoff is a Siberian and has not met his mother for over 3 years. He is about to go on leave to meet her when he gets the commission from the Czar. He has to pass through his home town but without recognizing his mother. At NIJNI-NOVGOROD he befriends a girl Nadia with who he falls in love eventually. His mission is covert and all goes well until his mother recognizes him. Once his cover is blown he is captured and blinded. With Nadia's assistance, he reaches the grand duke in time and kills Ogareff thereby ending the rebellion. The book describes Russia quite well and its portrayal of the people is realistic. The book has its own brand of humor especially in the character of the 2 journalists Harry Blount and M. Jolivet. As opposed to geography, most of the book focuses on the people that Michael Strogoff encounters. This book is well worth reading and is quite inspirational. Written by Pranav Lal.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.