Hadley Family Education Course Catalog 2008-2009
- Hadley School for the Blind Course catalog for the Family Education Program. Courses for: the grandparent and parent of a severely visually impaired child, and the spouse, significant other, adult sibling or adult child of a severely visually or blind adult.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 26 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Disability-Related, Nonfiction
- Submitted By:
- Dianna Messina
- Proofread By:
- Dianna Messina
- Usage Restrictions:
- This book is in the public domain and is freely available to all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.