Report of the Advisory Commission on Accessible Instructional Materials in Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Brief Synopsis:
- After much research, testimony, and intense discussion, the Commission has prepared this report to provide insights into the array of barriers that often confront postsecondary students with disabilities.
- Long Synopsis:
- After much research, testimony, and intense discussion, the Commission has prepared this report to provide insights into the array of barriers that often confront postsecondary students with disabilities. Among these barriers are instructional materials, technologies and operating systems which, in some circumstances, are transitory and, with effort, correctable. In other situations, however, challenges presented to making these necessary items accessible are more significant due to the limited resources of campus disability resource/service (DR/S) offices, the increasing complexity and modalities of emerging instructional materials and the delivery systems employed to utilize these materials. It is critical that these and other obstacles be removed.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 160 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- The Advisory Commission on Accessible Instructional Materials in Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Adult content:
- Nonfiction, Disability-Related
- Submitted By:
- Suzy Haines
- Proofread By:
Reviews of Report of the Advisory Commission on Accessible Instructional Materials in Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities (0 reviews)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.